2.02.2011

Landscaping, exteriors-- My new backyard... quite the project!

Here is am image I took from the backyard in the model. It's pretty basic, and has more grass than I want for mine, but still gives you a pretty good idea of what a finished product is capable of looking like. What I do like about it is the patio area and gazebo directly outside the door. I am thinking to do something like this but maybe twice the size with the concrete, with an area for barbecuing, patio table and chairs, I would love a fountain, and maybe even a fire pit. We'll see!




A view from the 2nd floor

another 2nd floor view


Here is an example of what I was thinking for a large concrete area with different areas of function. I especially like the planter cut-outs because it downplays the large amount of concrete and still gives it a botanical feel.

I am not a fan of the aesthetics of this backyard, but what I do like about it is the lounge area above the pool. Definitely an idea I would incorporate with my pool.

I like how this jacuzzi is kind of the focal point. It sure is pretty enough to be.




I love how this is simple but upscale looking.


Photo by Emily Gilbert

Architect Frank Greenwald








I love the yellow in this patio set. And it's from Walmart!

No comments: